Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Why I Carry a Note Pad and a Pencil:
            I was sitting in the waiting room of the doctor’s office, hoping they’d have an emergency and change my appointment date, when a local character, Clyde Meadows came in. He hobbled over and sat down next to me. I remembered Clyde from years ago when he skinned me on a horse purchase. But I didn’t mind because he was a horse trading legend in these parts, and I figured that I’d been skinned by the best. Clyde had been a bronc rider and a bull rider in his day, and when he wasn’t riding bull he was spreading it. So he started talking.
            Like many of us, when we get older, Clyde had a hearing problem and compensated by speaking two disciples louder than a jet engine. He told me about all the bones he’d had broken over his life time. I asked how he came to have so many.
And he said, “Son, I’ve fallen off of or out of almost everything I’ve ever been on or in… I’ve fallen off broncs, bulls, motorcycles, bicycles, roofs, snowmobiles, and ostriches…” Clyde had the attention of everyone in the waiting room. “I’ve fallen out of cars, windows, pickups, jeeps, boats, hay wagons, box cars, beds, and trees.”
A young fella who had been whining about the sniffles before Clyde came in, decided to embarrass the old boy and get back into the limelight. “What about women?” he asked.

Clyde thought for a few seconds and said… “No, I don’t reckon I’ve fallen from one of those yet… but I’m only 86 years old… there’s still plenty of time.”






Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain…. and now available…Spirit Valley
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw





No comments:

Post a Comment