Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bygone menus:
          When I was a kid, we had simple meals, all from the 3 major food groups. There was an entrée of cholesterol, a side dish of starches, and another of carbohydrates. This didn’t change unless someone had a good day on the river, and then there was fish. My mother’s spice rack consisted of salt and pepper, and richer flavors were provided by mustard and ketchup. You can imagine my shock first time a waitress asked me if I wanted sour cream on my baked potato. For one thing, potatoes were supposed to be mashed or fried – not baked. I’m glad I tried it, but just listen to yourself say those words, “sour cream”. Now that’s disgusting! If my mother had tried to serve my anything called sour cream when I was 9, I would have been out of there and they wouldn’t have seen me until I could vote.






Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain…. and now available…Spirit Valley
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment