Friday, September 4, 2015

Painting the house:
          A few years ago, we painted a couple of rooms, the foyer, and the hall. The rooms were fairly easy and straightforward, the foyer and stairs was exciting to say the least but the hall presented its own unique problems. Our hall must have hundreds of pictures on its walls. There are dozens of pictures of every kid we ever had, which is one. There are dozens of pictures of every grandkid we ever had, which are two. There are dozens of pictures of Avon and her family, and there are several pictures of me.
          It all makes a nice display, and I like them there. The problems came when I started to take them down to paint, I didn’t think I could ever get them all back up in their proper places. I was struck with the brilliant idea of taking pictures of the pictures. That way I’d have a positive record of their placement. The next problem arose when I started putting those pictures back up. I guess I should’ve used a digital camera instead of film, or at least marked that roll of film so I’d recognize it among those other rolls of undeveloped film in the drawer.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain…. and now available…Spirit Valley
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

2 comments:

  1. When I was painting my home and had to take pictures down, one of the things that I did was poke a small hole in the wall where the pictures were hung at. This allowed me to keep track of where the pictures went. Taking a picture is a great idea as well, but it will still be difficult to really pinpoint where your pictures actually went.

    Cecilia Hammond @ Pro Active Residential

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Cecillia, I may have one or two more rooms to paint... depending on the whims of the lovely Avon. We've been in this house for over 35 years, and are thinking of finding a smaller one. Of course that would mean a whole new canvas and pallet... Maybe we'll stay here after all. Thanks for the advice,
    Lou

    ReplyDelete