Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Losing things:
          It’s not unusual for folks of the senior persuasion to lose things. In fact, folks of almost every age lose things, but as we get older, it becomes almost funny…to the younger set. To be honest, losing things such as car keys and shoes really doesn’t bother me much, but losing words can be distressing. While I was still working, I noticed that I started losing nouns, specifically proper nouns. Names seemed to be the first to go. I’ve spent many an uncomfortable moment making small talk while trying to find someone’s name in my mental junk drawer. Of course, proper noun failure naturally progresses on to plain old nouns and even to improper nouns.
          I was talking to a fella last week and wanted to tell him about a shotgun I’d bought. All I could tell him was, “shoot.” That moron wasn’t much better off than I was because all he came up with was “arrow, dice, camera,” and “your mouth off.”  As much as I hate losing nouns, the thought of losing adjectives and pronouns bothers me more, and there are some verbs I’m really quite fond of.







Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain…. and now available…Spirit Valley
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment