Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Brits…Vol 2:
            Continuing my invasion of the UK, we of course had to visit Shakespeare’s home at Strafford on Avon. Now when I travel, I almost always have my own Avon with me so I was pretty much used to that. I did, however, take a picture of the lovely Avon standing on a footbridge next to a sign that read “Avon River” I titled the photo “Avon on Avon”.
            The town itself was well worth seeing and a slice out of a long ago time that we Yanks can’t even imagine… I reeked of culture and a history that was old before our shores were ever seen by Europeans.

            With all that culture and history, we naturally had dinner that evening at the local Pizza Hut. Of course, by this time, we had gotten use to restaurants being filled with people from all over Europe and any number of languages being spoken. We were shown to a room and our order was taken. While we ate, it dawned on me that I heard all kinds of accents and languages being spoken as we came through, but in this particular room there were only Americans and Canadians, according to my linguistic talents, which are quite good. As we were paying the bill, I asked the cashier why there were only North Americans in our section. She stammered a bit and finally blurted out, “Because you eat Pizza with your hands.”




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment