Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Who gives orders to generals?

            I do – or did for a few weeks at least. Many years ago, I was on the school board at a little private school in Illinois. The school was not parish based, it had been established to educate the Catholic children from a nearby Air Force base. Our major source of finances, besides tuition, came from Saturday night bingo. I managed the bar (the only thing I was qualified to do). One of my volunteer workers was Colonel, Orley Gonzales. Lo-and-behold old Orley became the first Latino to be promoted to the rank of an Air Force General, and for about 2 bingo sessions I was giving orders to a general. A typical order that I might have given went something like this, “Oh, here, Orley sir, let me do that for you.”





Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
Coming soon…. Mid-August 2014 –  Cain  Cain is now in the final edit stage.
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment