Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Day in the Life of Lou:
            The question was raised, how did I hurt my shoulder? Actually, it was mostly age and orneriness… arthritis, tendinitis, and a bone spur. It had been bothering me, so I went to see Dr. Feelgood. She gave me a steroid shot, some sympathy, and a little petting. I felt better immediately. A little schmoozing from a cute little red headed doctor does wonders for aches and pains.
            Two days later, we had a problem with the water well, not to be confused with our oil well, which we don’t have. The well tech was finishing up and had a 6 foot long 4 inch diameter steel pipe holding the well house door open. He motioned the neighbor and me over to show us something. The neighbor kicked that pipe loose and it started to fall toward the well tech. To keep him from getting his noggin conked, I reached back and grabbed the pipe. I can’t remember ever feeling anything quite like that. Those tendons were screaming all the way to my toes. Dr. Feelgood’s good work was all undone, and it will be several months before I can get another shot or schmoozing from a cute red head. I may have saved that boy from getting his skull cracked, but I’m paying for it.

            This only goes to prove that the old adage is true… “No Good Deed Goes Unpunished”  



Still in Pain!

Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
Coming soon…. Mid-August 2014 –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment