Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Brits…Vol 4
            Our last stop before I turned in what was left of the rental car, was to run by Buckingham Palace and say “Howdy” to the Queen…. Just to let her know that we had no hard feelings about that colony business. We got over it.
            When we got there, I was amazed to see so many people lined up practically half way around the block. They were in the most outlandishly fancy clothes I’d ever seen. Each one was dressed like something I’d only seen in movies. The ladies had long dresses and large hats, and the men were rigged with tails and top hats. The colors would put your eyes out. I was sure the circus had come to town. There they were, standing two by two outside the gates.
            There was a fella who was also dressed like a million bob, carrying a clip board stopping at each couple, I think he was taking tickets. So I went up to him and asked which door I should go to so we could get in to see the queen. He said, the queen could not take visitors today because she was having High Tea. I told him that I liked iced tea and asked if it was sweet or unsweet?

            He told me, “Bugger off.” Well I was embarrassed, so I wiped my nose, and left. I told Avon that we weren’t going to get in, so we just took pictures. I would have liked to see that circus though.




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment