Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bumblebees are the craziest people:

            We have 3 bushes, which when flowering attract Bumblebees by the hundreds. I don’t know the name of the bushes so I just call them George, G.W., and Anheuser. When those fat sluggish bad boys converge on the shrubs, I noticed that one stays separated from the rest. He hovers about the perimeter and attacks any flying intruder. I’ve seen him chase off butterflies, June bugs, birds, and even bumblebees, presumably from another tribe. I’ve found that if I toss a small piece of anything in his direction he will chase it – hours of fun. But, after tossing I always try to look really innocent – it wouldn’t do to get him miffed.





Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
Coming soon…. Mid-August 2014 –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment