Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Brits… Vol 3
            We were running amuck in the UK, trying to see all the things that we had heard about for so many years and see as much of the countryside as possible. When we got into Scotland, the people weren’t quite as open as they were in England, but my driving got worse. Glascow nearly did us in too many times to tell about here. The weather got colder… it was July and we had to buy wool sweaters to keep from freezing. Funny thing, they ran the British Open on the radio just like a ball game with play by play announcing.
            We wound up at Loch Ness looking for the monster, but couldn’t see it, so we got a hotel. I could find a Holiday Inn, so we stayed in a typical little inn, which had one TV, no dining room and all the keys fit every lock. The next morning , we were leaving to go back to London and then home, and we wanted to stop by to say howdy to the Queen. So we needed to leave early.
            When I went to check out that morning about 6 am, there was nobody about.  I waited and dinged the little bell, but no one came. So I calculated what they said the room would cost and I was a few pence short without leaving way too much. I left a note telling them that if that wasn’t correct they could send me a bill, or they could collect from that taxi driver in London because he had some extra….. I never heard from them.

  


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment