Monday, June 30, 2014

The Brits…Vol 1:
            This being the 4 th of July week, I thought it might be a good time to talk about that bunch we broke away from. There’s been a poor excuse at humor going around on Facebook the last few weeks poking fun at the UK. When we were there some time ago, they had every reason in the world to poke fun at me…mostly because of my driving, but I gave them ample cause.
            We flew into Gatwick from Frankfort. The lovely Avon and I have never traveled in a pack, with a tour group, we always go like a pair of lone wolves… if a pair could be lone anything. Anyway, we got on a double decker bus that was to take us to King’s Cross, where our hotel was located. The bus dropped us off at a bus station, and we had to find the hotel on our own. Fair enough, I just hailed one of those little black taxies, told the man where we wanted to go, and he said he knew where it was.

            He drove around the block and dropped us at the King’s Cross Hotel, about 50 yards from the station as the crow flies. I didn’t know anything about their money, so it didn’t mean anything when he told me the fair. I had a pocket full of British coins, so I held out 3 or 4 and asked if that would cover it. He said, “Very good, Govnah”, unloaded our luggage, and left. I later found out that I’d paid him $36 to take us around the block.




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther, and soon - Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment