Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Don’t Know if I Like This:
A few years ago, while out in Cody, Wyoming, I met a fella of Shoshone decent. We sat and talked a bit and he told me of growing up on the reservation, which was shared by the Cheyenne and a Shoshone minority. The Cheyenne looked down on the Shoshone, saying that they shouldn’t be on the reservation because their blood lines were so diluted. This went on for years with barbs being tossed by the majority Cheyenne people.
Finally, in the heat of one of those sessions, one old Shoshone stood up and said, “The only reason your blood lines aren’t thinned is because Cheyenne women are so ugly, that even the white men won’t have them.”

We both laughed, but I think he was laughing harder.





Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment