Friday, June 13, 2014

Once, while I was a freelance illustrator, I spent a lot of time with a fairly large printer. One of their pressmen happened to be incredibly OC (Obsessive Compulsive). He did his job well, as long as there were no deviations in the procedure, the materials, or the equipment, but Lord help the pressroom if there was a change. I walked into the lunch room while he happened to be making a sandwich. I watched him set his paper plate in the right spot, pull out two slices of bread, place them in the exact right spot on the plate. Then he stacked the ingredients in perfect order, the way he’d probably done it a thousand times.
I watched all this and when he had eaten everything, might I add sandwich first, chips second, pickles on the side third, and wash it all down with a Pepsi I said, “Did you know you had your bread all mixed up?” Then I went on to tell him that he pulled his bread out and didn’t know which side had been on top. I put my hands together like in prayer, and then I opened them like a book. Next I pretended to put things on my hand, and then I closed the book. “That way, your slices of bread are perfectly placed back together.” I told him. He just stared at me then the loaf of bread.

The next time I was in, his boss gave me orders to stay away from that fella. He said he nearly drove the whole shop as crazy as he was for 3 days…. I’ve been known to stir the sauce a little bit now and then. 


Now I can't say this is true, but I've been told that reading Lou Bradshaw westerns will make you not only more appealing to the opposite sex, but it will also raise testosterone levels significantly.   

Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment