Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Social Media:
            Social media such as Facebook, Twitter and others can be a lot of fun and a way for writers, and artists to get their work out into the public for more exposure. It can keep old friends connected, and it can raise bloody hell with your life.
            Yesterday, I got a birthday wish from a cousin, whom I rarely see but get occasional FB messages. Well, it wasn’t my birthday, but I appreciated the gesture. A number of others picked up on the message and I got a bunch of happy birthdays, so I knew it was being widely spread. I replied to her and thanked her and asked about another cousin who lives in her area.
            Her reply came, and she went into intimate detail of the shambles this cousin was making of his life, and how he put his wife in a nursing home. She went on about his new wife and how she didn’t like her, and then told me what a mess his children were making of their lives. She finished up with giving me everybody’s phone numbers. If my mistaken birthday wishes spread that far and that fast I just wonder how viral this bombshell is going to go.
Social Media is like owning a Pit Bull…. It’s a nice thing to have, but if you’re taking it out in public, it’s a good idea to keep it on a leash and wearing a muzzle.

What I’m likely to be doing, when I’m not blogging, golfing, or working on a book.


The Crooked Window... 24x28 acrylic on board. 
This is a scene from my childhood in the Missouri Boot Heel country. 
I saw a woman just staring from the slightly ajar window with no expression.
I had no idea what she was looking at or for... hell, she might have been looking at me.



Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts


No comments:

Post a Comment