Monday, June 23, 2014

 Did you know?
            Did you know that there is no blue pigment color used in the animal world? That’s right, the color in a blue bird, or a blue eye is created by light colors not pigments. A blue jay in low light will turn a bluish gray, and if you look at a blue eye in the dark… there’s nothing to be seen.  Folks will ask what about a blue heeler dog or a blue roan horse? They’re made up of a mixture of gray, white, and black hairs blended into a blur by your eye to make it look sort of blue. 
            But don’t take my word for it, even though, I’ve devoted several hours of study and research to this over the last 30 or 40 years. I’m still looking for any sign of pigment blue in any animal. If I should find something, I’ll be the first to know… you’ll be the second.

Oh by the way, that little blue bird in the cartoon below, really is blue because he’s painted.





Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment