Thursday, June 26, 2014

Food:
            Since I retired, I have done most of the cooking in our house. There’s nothing fancy, it’s generally just healthy and simple. The lovely Avon doesn’t really enjoy cooking and I don’t really mind it. She plans the menu and I execute it, usually without disaster. The upside to this arrangement, is that she does the clean up. I haven’t washed a plate or a pot in nearly 8 years.
            Before we both retired, we had a system of divided areas of expertise. She would do what she did well, and I would handle my part. In other words, she took care if the microwave and I managed the can opener.

            This system works for us and it works well, but she never lets me make a casserole. I love casseroles and would have one every night if I could. But… she knows that I will deviate from the recipe. No matter what is called for or what ingredients are listed, I’m going to put twice as much meat and cheese and half as much of the other stuff as is called for.  






Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High…and now… Blue Norther
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment