Friday, February 21, 2014


The Family:
About a hundred years ago, a well known American artist, Grant Wood, painted a picture that looked something like this. He called his rendition, “American Gothic” because of the gothic style window in the background.  Mine doesn’t exactly have a gothic style window in it, so I titled it “American Outhouse”.

The couple you see here are my Uncle Ed and his lovely wife Edna. They are likely the most mismatched couple on earth. She is certain that the road to Heaven runs through her approval, and Uncle Ed is taking an alternate route.



Uncle Ed: Edner, what should I do if one of them tornados comes a swoopin down at me?
Aunt Edna: Run out there with a stick and chase it off. 


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – and now… Ace High
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

2 comments:

  1. My mother had so much faith, she didn't believe a tornado would ever hit her house, then one night after Daddy was gone, one blew away his big workshop and a corner of her family room. Her faith is still strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the outhouse story and the storm in A Painted House by John Grisham.

    ReplyDelete