Tuesday, February 11, 2014

More Pebble Beach:
Our foursome was made up of my wife and I, a preacher from Texas, and his lawyer son. That preacher was so excited that he was running around like a kid in a candy factory. Of course, we all lost balls, but that was to be expected, and we’d only make a courtesy search out of respect for what the ball had sacrificed. I sliced one far to the right and knew it was a goner. But the preacher went charging past me to look for it. I grabbed him in mid-stride and pulled him back. “Preacher,” I said, “if you take two more steps, you will be called back to the home office.” It took him a second or two to get my meaning, and then he looked past that little fringe of brush to see a hundred or so foot drop.

It wasn't that I wanted to be a hero, but that lawyer son of his would have surely found a way to make me responsible, since I hadn't made him sign a waiver and the golf course had.




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – and soon to come Ace High
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment