Monday, February 24, 2014

Another Pretzel Story:
When I was among the actively employed, (Pre Retirement) I almost always had a small bowl of pretzels on my desk. They were just a little something to nibble on or drop on the floor. One time I didn’t feel well. I had the notion that I was coming down with a doozy of a cold. It was beginning to have all the bells and whistles, such as sneezes, sore throat and the sinus thing.
One of my coworkers, who didn't seem to have a job there, but he moved from office to office and desk to desk with the general purpose of disturbing others came through my door and sat down. After a few minutes of gossip, he reached into the bowl of pretzels and took a handful of pretzels. I started to warn him, but changed my mind. If I’d said anything, he’d have put them back, and I’d have had throw the whole bowl away. So I let him enjoy himself.... He missed about 3 days of non-work, but nobody seemed to notice.  

My old daddy always told me, “If a fella is determined to be stupid… Let him.” 



Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – and now… Ace High
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment