Tuesday, February 18, 2014


Cleansing the Mind:

Between writing, blogging, painting, volunteer work, and other civic duties, my mind sometimes becomes overwhelmed. I've tried meditation and medication, but the most effective method of mental refreshment is to take a nice walk in the woods. I’ll go out among the trees, rocks and weeds to a nice sheltered spot and symbolically set my mind on a rock or a stump. Then I’ll wander around for a while totally unencumbered by thoughts of any kind. It works wonders. The only drawback is that if you wander too far in a mindless state, you might get lost and forget where you put your mind. Trust me, losing one’s mind in the forest primeval can be a scary thing… Oh, and you do want to sort of keep the knowledge of what poison ivy looks like while you’re wandering. 



Check out my latest book from Amazon Kindle, available for Kindle iPad, PC, and other reading devices.


Books by Lou Bradshaw
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – and now… Ace High
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts



No comments:

Post a Comment