Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dumb things you shouldn't do in a car:

            When I was young, foolish, and commuting to a nearby Jr. College, I carpooled with several other guys. There was Tom, Tony, Charlie, myself, and 2 others of doubtful intellect and dubious reputations. Being serious and hardworking students we rarely horsed around, but this particular day we were in high spirits. The game was to squash someone as we went around a corner. I was in the front middle, and it seemed that no matter which direction the corner went I was the one getting squashed from both sides. Tom was driving and Tony was at shotgun. On one of the last curves I decided to scare Tony by acting like I was grabbing the door handle – I really grabbed it. The last thing I saw, before I saw the pavement, was Tony swing out holding on to the door. They said I just disappeared and then reappeared outside making a perfect 3-point landing on 2 elbows and a chin. Tom gave me 9.65 for style, Charlie gave me a 9.5 for degree of difficulty, and Tony gave me hell for being a numbskull. 



Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – and now… Ace High
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment