Monday, April 27, 2015

Who was that tall man?

            Back in 2006, Avon and I went to Jupiter, FL for Cardinal spring training. It was all up close and personal with the players in a cozy fan friendly stadium. Everywhere you looked someone was signing autographs, and Avon was usually in the mix. She was waiting to get Mike Matheny to sign her visor when the player behind him said, “I’ll sign it – I’ll sign it.” She handed it to a 6’ 6” bean pole who was all grins and elbows with a little reluctance. Turning to me she mouthed, “Who is he?” I could only shrug. The bean pole made the team, and 2 years later, he was closing out the last game of the World Series with a win. He has been nothing but  a winner ever since. Adam Wainwright’s autograph is one of her proudest possessions. Oh, she got the Matheny also – at least 10 of them. 





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Coming Soon….Cain…just Cain  (Book 2 of the Cain Series)
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment