Tuesday, April 7, 2015


Who gives orders to generals?
            I do – or did for a few weeks at least. Many years ago, I was on the school board at a little private school in Illinois. The school was not parish based, it had been established to educate the Catholic children from a nearby Air Force base. Our major source of finances, besides tuition, came from Saturday night bingo. I managed the bar (the only thing I was qualified to do). One of my volunteer workers was Colonel, Orley Gonzales. Lo-and-behold old Orley became the first Latino to be promoted to the rank of an Air Force General, and for about 2 bingo sessions I was giving orders to a general. A typical order that I might have given went something like this, “Oh, here, Orley sir, let me do that for you.”

Life is much too important to be taken seriously

 

Did you know?
            Did you know that tough guys Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin only worked on 1 movie together? It was of all things a movie version of the Broadway Musical “Paint Your Wagon.” They sang their own songs, and Clint Eastwood received good reviews for his singing.





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment