Friday, April 17, 2015

That’s not right:

            While watching a basketball game, Avon asked about the Virginia coach but couldn’t think of his name. She said that young, good-looking kid. I said, “Yeah, Tony something. You know like the singer (Tony Bennet).” She asked, “Tony Sinatra?” That didn’t sound right. “No.” I said, “Tony Soprano.” I knew that was wrong, but I’m not going to be the one to tell Tony Soprano he wasn’t right.


Money talks:
            I was getting my change from a recent purchase, and as the $1 bills were being counted, out I couldn’t help noticing how much like works of art they were. I thought about the other denominations, and I remembered they were all that way at one time. They were so well done and with such precision that each value was worthy of being framed and hung in art galleries. Technology has made counterfeiting so available to so many that the bills are now loaded with gimmicks. It’s a shame that the one bill has remained pristine, but it isn’t worth anything, and the others all look like circus posters.




 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment