Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The unseen and the unheard:
            I have always believed in the things that I couldn’t see. Spooks, spirits, pixies, leprechauns, and of course Angels are as real to me as rush hour traffic. I had a co-worker once who felt quite differently. He not only didn’t believe in what he couldn’t see but he didn’t believe in silent letters either. He would pronounce every letter in every word. For instance, Creighton University was Creig-hu-ton to him. I used to crack up when he would say, “Lou, you hav-e a p-hone call.” We never let him talk to anyone outside the department.


They don’t make ‘em like that anymore:
            When I was in the early grades, we were all worried that the Russions would attack us with Atomic bombs. In school we would have air-raid drills and have to get under our desks. I am still amazed at the prospect that as old and beat up as those desks were – they could stand up to an Atom bomb.


A public information notice: 
Yesterday, a Florida Senator named Marco Rubio declared himself in the race for the nomination of his party. He probably wasn't aware that the name Rubio was already taken by the main character in my latest book Rubio. I just want to go on record that this is in no way an endorsement from me. I'm sure he's a very nice young man, but this old fella doesn't dabble in politics.  




Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment