Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Final Four:

            In 1987 Avon and I went to the NCAA final four in New Orleans. It was an experience that I would fully recommend to any basketball fan. But if you go as a sports purist you might be disappointed. The games were great of course, but the only thing I remember about them was the pass from Steve Alford to Keith Smart for the buzzer beater – and the UNLV Cheerleaders. The event is something I will never forget, and New Orleans is the perfect venue. The streets in the French Quarter were filled with fans singing their school songs and shouting their chants each trying to out shout the other. Sports and entertainment celebrities were mixed with regular folks. I bumped into Dean Smith – literally.  At a pizza counter I was standing over Berry Switzer’s shoulder, close enough to spit in his pizza – I was tempted. We never went to another Final Four because you can get a better view of the games on TV and the UNLV Cheerleaders went to less exciting uniforms the following year.





The second book of the Cain series is getting close to being released. It's in the Final stages of proofing and should be out in early to mid May.


 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Coming Soon….Cain…just Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment