Thursday, April 16, 2015

Unlikely combination:
            One of Avon’s friends (I can’t remember which one it was) told her about a restaurant in Indiana that served oatmeal with ice cream. So, of course we had to try it – and you should. Just take a steaming bowl of oatmeal (microwave variety is fine), and drop a healthy scoop of any flavor ice cream in it. Then use a small spoon because you’ll want to make it last as long as possible.


How long is too long?

            One of the first times I heard John Denver sing “Country Road Take Me Home” was back in the ‘70s. I don’t remember what TV show it was on, but I remember it was on a small screen and it was in black and white. I also remember in those primitive TV days, you never saw a pregnant woman on the little screen. When John stepped out on stage to sing his chart topping hit, he was accompanied by his co-writers… a husband and wife team, and she was pregnant. It was a TV first as far as I’ve been able to learn.
            That has stuck with me all these 40 years since, and every time I hear the song, I wonder if she’s still pregnant.






 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment