Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Things that go bump in the night:
            When a young man in the 1950s and 60s got his first car, he was faced with three questions. He knew of course that it would need a lot of work. Did he work on the engine, did he work on the appearance, and how much could he afford? My first car was a ’49 Ford Coupe-Mistake and should have been in a museum. I called it the Roman Candle because when you started it up it would sizzle and pop before it took off. I analyzed the above questions and installed a pair of fuzzy dice.

            I was coming home much too late one night, and as I slowed on the curve to make a left turn down the hill toward home, I heard the semi behind me go Pfffff Pfffff as he hit his brakes hard (I must have forgotten to signal). As I started down the hill I spotted something coming after me hard and fast in the dark. I pushed it to the floor and the Ford went Ungh! Close to panic, I pulled off and out of the way of that…huge truck tire and wheel, which passed me like a rocket in the lane I had just vacated. I got out, looked up the hill, and saw something else coming after me, which turned out to be the truck driver. About the time he reached me that wheel ran off the road and slammed into the side of a house then took out some bushes on the bounce back. The driver huffed puffed and choked, “Are you okay?” I said I was, and he took off running back up toward his 17 wheeler. I wasn’t in any condition to stick around and answer a bunch of State Police questions at that hour. So re-lit the Roman Candle and got out of there. The Griffins who lived in that house must have thought the crazy Russians had finally let one fly.




 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


1 comment:

  1. Cousin your blog makes me smile. I have an update on grandma Susan if your interested. Send me your Phone # and I will call.

    ReplyDelete