Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Technology running amuck:

            Whenever I buy something and look at my computer generated sales receipt, I’ll be the first to admit I don’t have any idea what I’m looking at. There’s a whole bunch of numbers on the left side and numbers on the right side. For every group of numbers on the left side there are obvious dollar amounts on the right side. Then there is a total on the right side and a tax below the total, which creates a need for another total. I believe that last total to be a total-total. The total-total always seems to my untrained eye, to be excessive. My question is, when the computer comes to the total-total does it see that the amount has changed and update the total-total with a new amount, which would be a tax-tax and then another new amount, as the tax is compounded-compounded? If any of you understand what I just wrote, please explain it to me.





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment