Friday, March 20, 2015

Another road trip:

           Some years back, Avon and I took a little ride to Europe to visit Chris who was stationed in Germany at the time. We got off the plane in Frankfort and immediately got onto the Autobahn at God-awful speeds. Driving at nearly 100 mph I couldn’t read any of the signs – I couldn’t have read them at 30 mph since they were in German. We were soon hopelessly lost, so I stopped for directions at a sort of convenience store. I went in and asked if anyone spoke English. An older man standing at the counter said in perfect English, “If I were going to England I would learn English before I went.” I have been known to speak without thinking and wanted to tell him that my father had come to Germany in 1944 so I wouldn’t have to learn German, but fortunately I didn’t. He then proceeded to give me precise and accurate directions. He came off as the winner, but I was happy that he mistook me for a dumb Brit and not a dumb Yank. The State Dept. was having enough trouble with our image and didn’t need any help from me.


Life is much too important to be taken seriously.





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing And  available Now Rubio
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment