Monday, June 1, 2015

It’s a sport?
            Now that ESPN and Fox Sports have decreed that poker was a sport – does that mean the players are athletes? If that’s the case I can’t wait for the next big sports trend, Marathon Bingo. Just imagine the drama and anticipation as grannies from around the world fidget through long waits and holds. The chance that any minute we might witness an exploding bladder, or the ultimate experience of hearing an 85 year old woman use a 4 letter word on national TV.

Clothes make the man?

            British golfer Ion Poulter is often joked about – not for his game but for his wardrobe. He wears a lot of pink and other pastel colors. I don’t recall anyone openly questioning his masculinity, but they leave the question hanging out there. As I recall a time back in the mid 60s, pink was a pretty popular color with the big men on campus, and it was also well represented by Detroit. John Daily, during his last run at a career, was showing up on golf courses with some outrageous color combinations. No one questions his manhood – just his thought processes. Springfield’s own late Payne Stewart of the knickers, long socks, and tam fame was just accepted as a great golfer and a terrific showman. The way I look at it if I could play the game like Poulter does I’d not only be dressed in pink, but I’d hang a little lace on it for good measure.


I've got the new computer, so I'm back in business... sort of. My photo editing program didn't transfer to the new machine, and I'd rather eat ground glass than fight with PhotoShop. So it might take a little time to get Ed and Edna back on line.
Thanks for your patience. 


 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio   And now….Cain…just Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment