Monday, June 22, 2015

Doing it Right:

This morning when I first stepped outside, I heard a young and amorous little flycatcher in a tree just calling his heart out. He was calling his true love, which of course was a young lady flycatcher. But she in turn was giving him the cold shoulder. Phoebe... Phoebe...Phoebe, he would call, and alas his pleas were ignored.
I've had this conversation with flycatchers before, and for some reason this young fellow's father never passed the word down to him. I guess that's why they don't have a Flycatcher Father's Day. So I walked out in the wet grass and stood beneath the branch where that youngster was pleading his case and I told him.
"Boy, you ain't gettin' nowhere with all that mournful whining. To do this thing right you've got to take her to dinner, bring her flowers, take in a movie, go dancing, bring her a nice fat June Bug, but don't sit in a tree moaning your life away. Otherwise you're gonna wind up a lonely old bachelor with nothing to show for your existence but a whole bunch of frustrations."
He took wing and beat it out of there. I didn't know if he was going out to find a June Bug or a new tree. But I saw my neighbor's wife looking out the window at some fool standing in the wet grass at 5:30 am yelling at a tree.... I went inside.

Unfortunately, many of these stories are true, but on the bright side... my neighbors don't seem to get too close.




 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio   And now….Cain…just Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw



No comments:

Post a Comment