Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Matter of Health:
One of the most aggravating things about the ageing process is that your skin gets so thin that it cuts and bruises almost without provocation. And it happens so often that you don’t even take the most basic care of it. The other day I was working in the garage when I scraped my arm and of course here came the blood. Not even thinking about bacteria I grabbed the handiest greasy rag to staunch it. After doing so I thought what would Avon say if she knew or what would my nurse neighbor say about that? Giving those questions a little thought I decided that they weren’t going to say anything because they weren’t going to know about it. I would just wait in the garage until the bleeding stopped and then who would be the wiser.
 But the little niggling question about germs was still there, so I looked for a cleaner greasy rag. Finding none I thought about using sawdust – that should be clean. Then there on a shelf was my answer; a paint rag! No germ could stand up to turpentine. When I stopped jumping around and blowing on my arm I decided that I needed a little first aid kit for the garage.





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio   And now….Cain…just Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment