Friday, June 5, 2015

The eyes have it:

          I am often asked, “How can you tell a predatory animal?” What – people don’t ask you those kinds of questions? That’s because you’re not me. I get some dandies.  Anyway, the easiest way to tell a predator is by the placement of the eyes. In mammals and most birds a predator’s eyes are looking forward in the front of the skull, while prey have eyes on the sides of their heads, so they can see in several directions at once. Handy for watching out for predators. Some birds however are meat eaters and hunters but still have eyes to the sides. From a worm’s point of view, a Robin would be a predator, while a hawk would consider the Robin prey. Actually it all get rather complicated, but I just pray that I don’t ever have to prey on a worm.




 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio   And now….Cain…just Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment