Thursday, December 4, 2014

These things only happen in the movies, and to me:
            It was a warm spring day and I was in the third grade for the first and only time. It was all I could do to keep my eyes open. My head was propped up in my hands and I was going to hit the desk at any second. Mr. Gore, the teacher, came up behind me, put his hand on my shoulder, and asked, “Spring fever?” Then he started singing in a rich, strong baritone, “Lazy bones sleeping in the noonday sun…” Mr. Gore was a regular at the St. Louis Muni Opera. When he finished, there was a tremendous ruckus from the hall. The whole second floor of that school, teachers and students, were out there clapping like crazy. I was awake by then.








 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
And  available Now –  One Man Standing
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment