Monday, December 8, 2014

Size really does matter:

          The lovely Avon wanted a large painting as part of her Christmas décor. I was commissioned for the task mostly because I work cheap. I had a large frame and decided to make the painting fit the frame (first mistake). This thing has turned out to be over 4 times the size I normally work. A painting goes through alternating stages of “it’s gonna be okay” and “I hate it”. So far the “I hate its” are winning, but I can’t give up and Christmas is getting closer. There is so much canvas to cover that I’m running out of paint and my brushes are all too small. I’m considering changing the theme to a full-blown blizzard scene with one lost red nosed reindeer. Actually, all you will see is the nose and I can do the rest with white house paint and a roller. Hope she likes it. Did I mention that this is a big boy painting?






 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
And  available Now –  One Man Standing
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment