Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Globetrotting:
            Some years ago, Avon and I happened to find ourselves in London, England. We landed at Gatwick and took a double-decked bus to King’s Cross Station. There we got into one of those little black taxies to go to our hotel. It was a short ride and the driver told me how much the fare was, which meant absolutely nothing to me. I could barely speak the language. So, I pulled out a handful of coins and asked if that would cover it. He said, “Very good, Govner.” and took the money. I later learned that I had given him the equivalent of $17 US dollars for a 2-block taxi ride. I’ll bet that boy just loved to see Yanks come into town. I know you’ll find this hard to believe, but that was not the dumbest thing I’ve ever done.



Semi-Famous Quotes...
1.   Never have your wife hold the end of the spark plug wire while you check the firing of the lawn mower.
2.   2. Old age is like money, it comes and goes.

from long time friend, Charlie Vohs





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
And  available Now –  One Man Standing
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw8@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment