Monday, December 22, 2014

A Texas Original:
            Over the weekend, we were at a function for a friend. What I didn’t know was my friend’s family was heavily into rodeo with riding, roping, and the other stuff. I looked at the shelf over the coat rack and saw about a dozen Stetsons lined up. I told the lovely Avon that maybe I should have worn a hat.
            That prompted our friend, across the table to tell a story about her father’s Stetson. It seems he and a group of colleagues were in Texas on business. And as they were getting ready to head back to St. Louis, her father wanted to stop and get a real Texas Stetson. So the group had to wait for him to stop and get one. She talked about how proud he was of that hat, and wore it around the house for days. She happened to pick it up and look inside where the label stated Stetson Hat Co. Made in St. Louis, Missouri.

She didn’t have the heart to tell him.  






 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
And  available Now –  One Man Standing
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment