Monday, December 15, 2014

An inspirational moment:

            Some years back, we were at a hot springs spa just outside of Durango, CO. It was a chilly night at a high altitude, so we were staying in the hot water as long as we could. I got out and wrapped up in as many towels as I could find and sat on a lounge chair. A young girl with Downs Syndrome came walking toward me mumbling something. As she got closer I could tell that she was singing, and as she past I heard for the first time what was soon to become a very popular tune, “Don’t Worry – Be Happy.” Even after the radio stations played that song to death, I still loved hearing it.


A Nose is a Nose is a Nose…
Once when I was about 8 or 9 I came down with a really rotten head cold. I was sniffing, snuffing, hacking, coughing, and snorting along with sleeve wiping and a bunch of other disgusting things. My older brother (2 years) whom we shall call Fidel because he was tyrant and a dictator said to me, “You’ll never get a girl to like you if you keep doing that.” I considered that good advice, and not long after that a girl in my class told me that she had a crush on me, so I snorted at her – it worked! 






 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
And  available Now –  One Man Standing
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment