Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Twenty two and trying to grow:

            There are 22 states in the union, whose names end with the letter “A”. I may have missed one or two, but it’s close enough. There are 3 states that end with the letter “I”. That would be Hawaii, Mississippi, and of course Missouri. The problem is a number of counties in central Missouri insist on pronouncing it as if it ended with an “A”. They call it Missoura. I’ve never heard anyone say Hawai-a, or Mississipp-a, so why does this apparently misinformed cluster of counties insist on having 23 states that end with the letter “A”? I won’t even go into the silent “Ss” at the end of Illinois and Arkansas.


Notable quotes:
            Have you ever said something that was so profound you thought it should be engraved on a plaque somewhere? Of course, you have – we all have. Here’s your chance to get them noticed and I’ll give you the credit. Just send them to me and I’ll publish them. Here are a few from my brother in law, Ron Schaefer, PhD .

·        You will never regret getting a good education, but you will regret it if you don’t.
·        Nobody knows everything about anything.
·        Once burnt – once learnt.






 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment