Friday, November 14, 2014

 How’s that, Lou?
            A few years ago, I treated myself to a pair of Bose headphones. I knew they were supposed to be great, but I had no idea what to expect. One of the first CDs I played was Mamas and Papas. All the way through I kept hearing things that I hadn’t ever heard before. One of which came during the tune “Midnight Voyage”, and when it came to a place where before it was just an interruption in the song while they got the pitch right. What I found in that interruption there was banter between the group and the producer, Lou Adler. They tried several false starts, and then they got it – BAM…absolutely perfect 4-part harmony. When the line ended, I could hear Cass Elliot say, “Ya like that, Lou?” Of course, I figured she was asking me what I thought and I yelled out, “Yessssss!” Avon thought I had lost what was left of my mind.       






 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment