Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A question for the ages:
            I recently had occasion to fill in a low spot in my field. Since I have an abundance of large rocks on the place, I used them as filler. To make it all nice and level I had to break up those large rocks into small rocks. After pounding away with a sledge hammer for several days I found that it was best to get a firm base to place the large rock on – something like a larger rock. That wasn’t a problem since I had plenty of larger and even larger rocks. Somewhere in the middle of the process, I began to wonder if it was morally and ethically correct to use a rock to kill a rock. Isn’t that something like cannibalism?

Hardly a wine connoisseur:

            Avon brought home a wine that someone had recommended with the unlikely name of Cycle’s Gladiator. On the label, there was a flying young lady with long red hair trying to catch a flying bicycle. The woman wasn’t dressed like a gladiator; she wasn’t dressed like anything. She wasn’t dressed at all. I tried it and it was okay, but I don’t know anything about wine, so I had a Budweiser – something I knew about. After a few days the bottle grew near to empty, she again asked me if I wanted some. I thought for a few seconds and said, “No…but save me that label.”





 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
And  available Now –  One Man Standing




No comments:

Post a Comment