Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sometimes Life Happens:
Back in the days of early retirement, I found that I needed a few things to keep myself busy. I would wake up at 5:00 and my next big adventure was the mail man at 4:00 pm. So I joined an art group, but that wasn’t enough, and I looked around for anything that needed doing. One day, Avon asked (told) me to take down the wreath on the front door and put up the one for fall… I had a project.
As I reached in there to get  a hold of it, I felt about 27,000 volts of electricity go through my hand, up my arm and into my brain, and then the wasps started coming out. Ripping that wreath off and throwing it as far as I could, I started jumping around, shaking my catcher’s mitt sized hand, and cussing. That was some world class cussing I want to tell you; I was making it up as I went.
I got some flammable liquid from the garage and built a nice circular bond fire right where that cursed thing lay, and I danced around it, cussing, shaking my hand, and beating it with a rake. When I was at my zenith of mad behavior, the 2 church ladies from that group which drops in unannounced pulled into my driveway. They started to get out with their hands full of tracts and magazines, when they saw my bazaar behavior. They stopped, got back into the car and backed out into the road without looking only to hear screeching tires and a blaring horn. Fortunately for them, the Septic tank cleaner’s truck had good brakes, or they would have had a really unpleasant mess.

They never came back… I guess they figured I was too far gone. The swelling went down, but the lovely Avon wasn’t at all happy about the wreath being sacrificed as a burnt offering, and I started writing instead of waiting for the mail man…. All’s well that doesn’t get you killed.





Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment