Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fish or Foul?
            A word of caution for the summer months. If you love shrimp as we do, then be sure to choose your serving day carefully. Be fully aware of when your trash pick up is. There isn’t much to get rid of when you clean shrimp, but those shells are powerful. If they have to set more than 2 days you can’t double, triple, or quadruple bag ‘em enough. Fortunately, I snuck them into Napoleon and Josephine Biggs’ trash can across the road – and that was still too close.



Did you know?
            Did you know that tough guys Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin only worked on 1 movie together? It was of all things a movie version of the Broadway Musical “Paint Your Wagon.” They sang their own songs, and Clint Eastwood received good reviews for his singing.

Keeping up with the Joneses:
            As a youngster, I found that to be almost impossible. My family had its share of Joneses, and they were all tall, good looking, and could run like the wind. Let’s just say that I was not so tall, and I ran like the cloud of dust the Joneses left in their wake.



What I’m likely to be doing, when I’m not blogging, golfing, or working on a book.


The Crooked Window
When I was a youngster, back in the Missouri Boot Heel, I saw a woman (one of our neighbors) standing and staring out her window. I had no idea what she was looking at or what she might have been thinking, but I remember looking in that direction. I couldn't see anything but a dirt road surrounded by cotton fields. I don't recall what she really looked like, but the expression has stayed with me for over 60 years.


Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts


No comments:

Post a Comment