Friday, August 22, 2014

Missouri laws:
            In Missouri, Open Burning is permitted anywhere, unless prohibited by local laws, but you may only burn materials that grow on your property. Out here on the ranch, I constantly have brush piles waiting for a match, as do most of my neighbors. Yesterday, I got a call from Uncle Ed, asking me to get him out of jail again. When I got there, he was banging on the bars with a tin cup, and making a general nuisance of himself. I got him settled down and got the story.

            It seems that Uncle Ed was burning brush, and thought he’d get rid of some old tires. He said he’d just got a good smoke going when the Sheriff, the Fire Dept, the EPA, and two ladies from PETA all showed up with guns, hoses, writs, and official looking ID badges. He said he had no idea what those PETA women were there for, but they were doing more yelling than all the rest. I told him that he couldn’t burn anything that he didn’t grow. He said, “I know, but I showed them the bushes that look just like tires cut in half and growing on either side of the driveway, and that’s when they put the cuffs on me.”


Patience:
            Lately, Avon has been showing a great deal of patience towards me, but unfortunately, she isn’t extending much of it.





Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts

No comments:

Post a Comment