Friday, August 29, 2014

Politically incorrect:


            We’ve taken political correctness about as far as we can take it. I think it’s time we rethink it. My first encounter with political correctness was in the second grade. I had just called Tommy a dummy for eating my yellow Crayola. The teacher, Mrs. Webster, told me that if I called someone a dummy and they had a brother or sister who couldn’t talk, then they might be hurt. I had no idea what she was talking about, but I didn’t want to hurt anyone, unless of course they deserved it. There must have been thousands of teachers giving that same speech all over the country because we’ve become a nation afraid to call a flake a flake and a dummy a dummy. I just came from Wal-Mart, where in encountered idiots going up one isle, morons going down another isle, lunatics running across traffic, and crazy people working at the cash registers. There… don’t I feel better? Take that Mrs. Webster. 







No comments:

Post a Comment