Monday, August 18, 2014

It’s All About How You Say It:
            Some years back, we were in Athens Georgia, where I was being interviewed for the position of Dean of Beta Nonsense and Applied Bullshit and to pick up a Bulldog sweatshirt. We had a little time to kill, so we were roaming around one of the malls. All of a sudden a small boy of maybe 3 years came tearing up the escalator. A short distance back, trying to keep up without knocking over other riders was a sweet faced young mother, who was fairly in a panic to catch the runaway.
            We corralled the young rascal and I said, “Woah there, pardner, what’s the hurry?” to which he replied, “We’re going to McDonald’s and I’m gonna to get a HAPPY MEAL!” which in itself was pretty cute. His mom reached the top and thanked us for stalling him and then in a voice literally dripping in honey and southern charm, “Come on now, Shoogah Piah,”
            I looked at Avon and she looked at me, and we both watched them walk away before we broke up. Ever since that day the lovely Avon has been known as “Shoogah Piah”…. Oh I didn’t get the Dean’s job… there were some irregularities in my vita. Well after all, I am a fiction writer.






Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle

 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue Norther
And now available –  Cain
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts


No comments:

Post a Comment