Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hmmmm!:
          The lovely Avon has an activity, which she looks forward to every month. She and a group of lady friends all get together to eat desserts, laugh, probably gossip, and play BUNKO. Right off the bat, the name of that game sounds criminal. There used to be a radio crime program called Bunko Squad, in which the police fought and arrested a bunch of gangsters (yes, children we watched police stories on the radio). Every month they move the game to another lady’s home. The whole thing sounded vaguely familiar, so I searched my memory and came up with the answer. Back when I was making a serious effort to miss-spend my youth and my paychecks; we had a similar activity. We didn’t call it BUNKO, we called it a Floating Crap Game, and there were no desserts. 



The Name Game:
            My sister got caught up in the name thing and discovered that after all these years she didn’t know where my name came from. Sis, I was named for an old Blue-Tick hound that Uncle Ed had.

Patience:
          Lately, Avon has been showing a great deal of patience towards me, but unfortunately she isn’t exactly extending much of it towards me.






Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain…. and now available…Spirit Valley
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment