Thursday, October 8, 2015

Who names those places?  Road trip #4

          Some of the town names we ran across left me scratching my head. I can’t seem to accept some things at face value, and need to know what is behind it.
Crazy Head Springs, MT: Now where else would one be crazy but in the head? Maybe the crazy bone in the elbow but that’s a stretch.
Boys, MT: That’s all well and good for a weekend, but without some girls that place can’t last long.
New Underwood, MT: It was a town sitting out there all alone and not an Old Underwood in sight.
Ralph, MT:  This was one of my favorites – just plain Ralph.
Sheet House Creek, ID: I wonder what the name used to be, and what was that creek used for? Trust me, I wouldn’t drink the water.
Chugwater, WY: This town was only a couple of hundred miles from Golden, CO and the Coors brewery, so I find it hard to believe that water was the only thing they had to chug.
          There were several towns that weren’t towns. The sign would give the elevation, but the population read 0. There were no people and no buildings.
Bone, WY: It was just an empty place along the highway. I can only imagine that a Godzilla sized dog came along and buried Bone.

Powder, WY: Like Bone, there was nothing there but a sign at each end of what might have been the city limits. I doubt that it took much of a wind to blow Powder across the high plains.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley…..soon Driftin’
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw


No comments:

Post a Comment