Tuesday, October 20, 2015

And one more:  Road trip # 11
         
          I’ve posted this one before, but it’s one of my favorites, and it happened on the same trip… so here goes. It was downtown Cody Wyoming, where I ran across an old Indian sitting on a bench. So I sat down to spend a few restful moments talking to him. He told me he had grown up as a Shoshone on a reservation his people shared with the Cheyenne. The Cheyenne were trying to get the Shoshone people removed from the reservation because the argued that the Shoshone blood had been thinned too much to qualify as Indians. The argument raged on and on, until one old Shoshone stood up and said, “The Cheyenne bloodlines may be stronger, but the only thing that proves is that the Cheyenne women are so ugly that even the White Man won’t have them.  The discussion was over.
          I didn’t know if I’d been insulted or not… but it was damned funny.





Life is much too important to be taken seriously.”

 Books by Lou Bradshaw available on Amazon Kindle
 A Fine Kettle of Fish – Hickory Jack – Blue – Ace High – Blue NortherCain
–  One Man Standing – Rubio –  Cain…just Cain….Spirit Valley…..Now Driftin’
Visit me on Facebook Lou Bradshaw Artist – Author or www.facebook.com/loubradshawarts
Or you can contact me at loubradshaw7@gmail.com
Or at Amazon Author Central www.amazon.com/author/loubradshaw




No comments:

Post a Comment